Monday, October 3, 2011

"I need a letter"

Thank you everyone for the hints of "i need a letter"... However i don't think they're going to speed up the Russian mail system.
I might have to change the mailbox we put our letters in. Your letters might eventually get to you.
Mom, I’ve sent you 2 letters. One with a DVD full of pictures. One with an SD card full of pictures. The SD card was a while ago... i guess that letter never made it.
Kendra... You've got a half written letter in my bag...
Kortney... You also have a half written letter in my journal.

But with all of that said, i haven't had much time to write letters lately. Last week we had a good time at Victory Park... The week before we spent way too long buying groceries (today we get a free pan!!)... and today we'll be going to the Kremlin... and we're already running late (Branch president had us running errands for him... on p-day... grr.... blessings...)

This last week has been pretty uneventful. My companion talked to a woman on the bus the other day whose name was Susha... when i asked him her name later he mixed up some letters and ended up calling her a bad name. I asked if he repeated it to her.... he did. Needless to say she didn't become a new investigator. i thought that was kinda funny.
We met with a Muslim who got all rallied up after my comp asked "do you know what a prophet is?" It was an innocent question, but he found it to be "Idiotic and Foolish" and wasn't too happy. Training is fun.

I spent an hour cleaning a window sill today in our kitchen... Missionaries haven't cleaned it probably since they moved in 4 years ago. If i stay in this apartment till the end of the mission, and spend an hour cleaning each week... by the end of my mission the apartment could be considered clean. It’s not really that bad at first glance... it just takes a lot of deep cleaning.

I taught my first Jewish man. he was more Christ-like than most of the Christians we meet on the street. I'm not sure how many of them have told us we're from the devil this past week. I'm kinda glad to be in a Muslim city.

Well... that letter all looks kinda complainy. But I’m actually enjoying these last couple weeks quite a bit.

I love you all!
Love, Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment