Monday, March 28, 2011

Transfer...

Hello!
I’ve been very busy today packing my bags and leaving notes for other elders, because both me and my companion have been transferred. I don’t like change… it stresses me out. But, I think this will be a good one. The new area I’ll be working in is the city of Kazan. I’m not there yet, I’ll get there on Wednesday, so I don’t know a lot about the area yet. From what I’ve heard:
Kazan is a city a little bit bigger than Samara on the North end of the mission (about 7 hours north by bus) It’s both bigger in size and population. The majority of the population is muslim. The area only has 2 sets of missionaries. Should be a lot of work to do there.
Up until recently the area hasn’t been open for American missionaries. Ukranians and Russians only. So… I’m a little excited to go there. other missionaries are a little bit jealous. I’ll be serving with a Russian elder, Elder koozmen. I hope this helps my language out a great deal.
well… I’m out of time. I’ll let you know more about my new area next week when I get there!
love,
Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment