Tuesday, June 19, 2012

3 weeks...

It's just now starting to set in that I'm going to be leaving Russia in 3 weeks. I'm not sure how i feel about it. The only thing that has really sunk in is that I'm going to the lake to escape the heat! THAT i am looking forward to and can't wait. its been about 40 C most the week (38 is 100 F) and pretty humid. Any breeze just makes it seem that you've got a heater blowing in your face. I will be praying for rain to go canoeing when i get home! Or maybe we'll just have to go out to 11 point. I'm going canoeing this summer.
We had 7 investigators at church this week...next week we're expecting about 16.... we found a pretty big family. We've got a baptism coming up the 30th, and that will probably be the only one before i go home.
But I'm way happy about it! She came to church for the second time and liked it... except relief society... but that's normal from what i hear? 
my head is pretty much still in it. I'm not super excited to go out talking to people on the streets, but we've got a lot of investigators right now and we're just helping them move along. Just 1 baptism before i go home. The rest will probably fall some time in summer, when they're ready. We have a family of like 20 or so we're working on. The grand mother and one of her daughters came to church yesterday and liked it.
They will probably all be baptised, but it might takes years. they've got a lot of cultural things that will hold them back. they're gypsies. actually one of the kids just showed up right now at the Internet club.
Not very nervous about the driving test. I'll just have to study the 'what happens if you get a dui' section.
of course the Russian monopoly is coming home! and i expect to play it
:) I haven't had a good argument in a while!
ha ha
well... I'm gonna be going now.
see you in 21 days!
love,
Elder Ellis


No comments:

Post a Comment